The KCRA needs your help, and we are willing to bribe you!
The clubs annual field day outing is our largest, most difficult, and physically demanding event of the year.
With the many antennas, radios, pop up canopies, chairs, tables, feed line, wiring and support structures to assemble (and take down) comes a great deal of physical stress and exertion to the clubs core group of volunteers. Help lighten their load, you may learn quite a bit in the process and go home with that nice fuzzy feeling inside that you helped out on the team.
We are seeking able bodied volunteers for the following positions:
Saturday June 25th 8:30 AM
- Operations facility setup (Table, chair, tent/canopy, electrical, etc. setup)
- Antenna installation assistants (Wire antenna, support structures, feed line, etc. setup)
- 20+ WPM CW operator (Bencher paddle on site, or bring your own. CW op gets first choice of band 160-6. Must be able to computer log. You may arrive at any time for as long/little as you wish, just let us know!)
Sunday June 26th 10:30 AM
- Operations facility break down
- Antenna break down assistants
These volunteer opportunities are available to both members and non-members alike. Lite refreshments will be provided by the club. Further information on our 2011 Field Day, including location/map/directions may be found here.