The Kings County Repeater Association is inviting you to attend their open house D-Star event to be held on Tuesday, April 19th (7:00 PM) at the Guild For Exceptional Children , 260 68th Street, Brooklyn, NY 11220. This location has free parking available, and is convenient to several mass transit options. Don's famous coffee, and a variety of other refreshments will be served.
The D-Star presentation (By Gary, KB2BSL) will cover various topics including:
- What is D-Star?
- Who invented it (and why this is important to the Amateur Radio community)
- A brief understanding of how the protocol works
- A live demonstration of call sign routing and linking
- The D-Star community
- An overview of Icom D-Star equipment
- An overview of the plethora of NON-Icom D-star hardware and software (you CAN do it yourself)
- An introduction to the KCRA's NON-Icom D-Star repeater (WG2MSK)
- Hands on time with the equipment available at the demonstration
Throughout the presentation fantastic participation prizes will be awarded.
This is an "Open House" event, you DO NOT need to be a member to attend or win a participation prize.